Thursday, June 18, 2009

Our Little Fish

This week Katie Grace and I took swimming lessons! Yes, I know she is only 10 months old, but she loves it! We have gone from choking from being underwater to swimming to me from Miss Sue! It was harder for me to learn to actually let go of her underwater than it was for her to learn to swim. She is a brave little girl. Today she walked to the edge of the step stepped off and grabbed the side of the pool and pulled herself back up on the step.




I am a firm believer in getting kids comfortable with the pool so they don't freak out if they were to go in accidentally. Since my parents have a pool I want her to learn as early as possible. Miss Sue says it takes four minutes for brain damage to occur. And if little ones are comfortable with the pool, then you can buy even more time!


So hopefully by the end of the summer she will be able to really swim! It is so much fun watching her learn to swim!

1 comment:

The Mize of Texas said...

Wow! You really are brave to let go! I'm glad that she is learning so early.